Student Guidance Responsibility
Kirsten Coughlin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
9th Grade: A through Garcia, Mia (1st semester only)
Career Areas: Auto Diesel, Academy of Finance, CNAP, Dental Assistant
Other: Decision Day, Department Leader, College Application Week, College Visits, Decision Day, Dual Enrollment, Major Clarity, PSAT, Summer Original Credit, Twilight
Ryan Hawthorne (email@example.com)
9th Grade: Garcia-Sotos through Mosley
Career Areas: Building Automation Systems, Carpentry, Culinary Arts, Engine Technology, Legal Administrative Assistant
Other: ASVAB/Military, NCAA, Outside Student Surveys (UD Drug/Alcohol), SAT, Triple Crown
Aisha Word (firstname.lastname@example.org)
9th Grade: Morante through Z
Career Areas: Cosmetology, Legal Support Services, Medical Assisting, Nurse Technology, Teacher Academy
Other: Community/School Awards, PSAT, Scholarship Publication, Senior Recognition Night, FAFSA/Stand By Me
Student Support Counselor
Keisha Brinkley (email@example.com)
Attendance Concerns, Backpack Program, Homeless/Displaced Youth, Other projects as assigned
Need a Transcript?
Remember that YOU send your own official transcripts to your respective colleges.
1. Login to your www.parchment.com account (if you never created an account, simply create one now)
2. Complete any required identification information and then click “Order Transcripts.” The website will walk you through the process.
View video with directions on how to order transcripts at https://youtu.be/0-GDRBBX1Q8
Need to Access and/or Send Your Collegeboard (PSAT, SAT) Scores?
1. Visit www.collegeboard.org and sign in. Utilize the “forgot username/forgot password” feature if you cannot remember your login info.
2. If you are sure you never created an account, please do so.
3. Once you access your account, you will see options to view and send scores. Follow the prompts.
If you have any issues with this process, contact your School Counselor.
General Guidance (All)
Individual schedules, small group counseling, inclusion students, 504 students, home bound students, personal social, academic, & career counseling, Open House, Tours, Guidance Curriculum Development, Public Relations (website info., counselor corner, blackboard site)
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT INFORMATION
How to Schedule an Appointment with your School Counselor
1. Use the QR codes or the links posted in Schoology Guidance Resources Folder (located in the Class of 2018, 2020, and 2021 pages).
2. Your Counselor will send you a Schoology message with your appointment date and time or they may put a hard copy pass in your 1st period teachers mailbox.
- If you have an emergency, please come straight to Guidance and notify Mrs. Williams that it is an emergency and you need to see your School Counselor immediately.
SAT testing information; Register for SAT; View SAT dates/deadlines/reports
- ACT is a test similar to the SAT test. It is accepted by more colleges and universities than the SAT test for admission to college.
- Register for ACT click on ““The Test” — Website: www.act.org.
- Fee Waivers: If you are currently on free or reduced lunch, you may be eligible for fee waivers for college admissions tests and applications.
- See your School Counselor for more information about testing.
Scholarship Search Links
To search for college scholarships visit the following links below. More information is available in the guidance office in addition to the websites below.
To get important information about eligibility for playing sports in college go to the NCAA Clearinghouse website:
Delaware Online Colleges & Universities
To get information about online course and program offerings from colleges in Delaware.