Dear Class of 2024,
Welcome to the Wildcat family! We cannot wait to meet you! Each Wildcat must receive a school-issued iPad and charger for the virtual learning that will be taking place. You cannot use your own device. As such, we need to schedule a date and time for you to safely come in and pick up your device.
We are offering timeslots to pick up iPads on the dates listed below during one-hour time slots from 10am-11am, 11am-12pm, 12om-1pm, and 1pm-2pm.
- Monday, August 17th
- Tuesday, August 18th
- Wednesday, August 19th
The Howard staff is taking great caution to ensure that we are keeping you safe when you come into the building by limiting the number of people inside, maintaining proper social distance, and wearing masks. It will therefore be very important that you do your part by also wearing a mask and by arriving at school with only ONE parent or guardian during the time slot that you signed up for. For safety purposes, additional family and friends unfortunately cannot enter the building with you.
Please follow these procedures to sign up for a time slot to come into Howard to pick up your iPad and charger.
- Guardians must complete the iPad insurance form at tinyurl.com/howardguardian20
- Students must also complete their version of the iPad insurance form at tinyurl.com/howardstudent20
- Pay the $25 insurance fee available at tinyurl.com/howardpay. If you need assistance on how to make a payment, directions can be found at tinyurl.com/howardpaydirections. During these difficult times we understand that this payment may be difficult to come by, and we can accept it later in the year if that works better for your family.
- Sign up for a time slot by going to tinyurl.com/freshmenipad
- When you come to the school, you will NOT be using the main parking lot or entering through the front doors. Instead, you will pull into the bus lane, which is located between our two buildings at the intersection of 13th street and Clifford Brown walk. You will park in the bus lane and enter the auditorium. A staff member will be there to help guide you.
- Be prepared to stay at the school for about half an hour. During this time, we will be teaching students how to log into various accounts so that they are ready for the start of the school year.
If you have any questions about this process, please reach out to our instructional technology coach Mrs. Todorow via email firstname.lastname@example.org